기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

The anniversary of Saint Priest John Maria Vianney, who entrusted to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, a model for true spiritual counseling through spiritual teaching and the sacrament of confession.

 It was June 30, 2006. As a seminary student, I went to see Father Johann Maria Bianney, the patron saint of the parish priest, the patron saint of all parish priests around the world, which I dreamed of as a seminary student. The excitement and joy of meeting Father Johann Maria Bianney, who was the parish priest in Ars, France, contained the hope that he would gain courage and strength to live as a priest in the parish after his ordination as a priest in the future.

 When I was a seminary student in the 3rd year of The Catholic University of Seminary, I went to Lyon, France to learn French during summer vacation. Just before I started my language training at the Catholic University of Lyon, I made a pilgrimage to Ars, France with Father Job KU, who will be the future bishop of our diocese. At that time, the old Bishop taught me about Father Bianney's spirituality and his outstanding parish pastoral care.

 Father Bianney is said to have devoted herself to Mass, the sacrament of confession, adoration of the Eucharist, and catechesis. In particular, he spent most of the day in Reconciliation Room to celebrate the sacrament of confession. The priest's celebration of the sacrament of Confession is accompanied by a certain special suffering that ordinary people have never experienced. As soon as I was ordained a priest, I had no idea what kind of pain it was until I celebrated the sacrament of Confession. Because I had never experienced the sacrament of confession as a priest while sitting in a confessional place.

 HE James Cardinal Gibons (1834-1921), the bishop of Baltimore in the United States, said, "The most important and difficult part of the clergy's job is to hear the confession (James C, Gibons, Translating Myon CHANG, The Faith of our Fathers, Catholic Publishing House, 1994) . Also, the words of the Cardinal were a great comfort to me as the celebrant of the Sacrament of Confession. It is said that Cardinal Gibons realized the importance of hearing a confession, and he postponed his ordination to the priesthood for two years.

 According to the cardinal, it is not easy at all to listen to each and every one of the sins and anguish of many people for hours in a confessional in a narrow space with poor ventilation in the sweltering heat. For me as well, I have to confess that hearing confessions while living as a priest looks at the cross and shares in the suffering of Jesus. Of course, I am in pain, but when I see believers who change and rejoice as they go out of confession, I experience the wonderful providence of God working through me and feel very rewarding.

 When asked by people, "Why did you become a priest? Is there any chance?", Pope Francis said, "After the sacrament of confession and opening the door of confession, I experienced God's great love and mercy passionately. As if I could hear a loud voice from that clear blue sky. I did. It was the voice that God was calling me to be a priest.” Find and upload a photo of Father Bianney, the patron saint of priests working in parishes around the world in that hot summer of 2006. Of course, I was a seminary student at the time. Inside the church, I knelt and prayed in front of the incorruptible remains of Father Bianney. As a parish priest, I earnestly petitioned God to pray for me to become a true priest who, like Father Bianney, can lead people to heaven.

 I marvel at the life of Father Bianney, who delivered the prayer of a seminary student from Korea to God. Dear Saint Priest, Father Bianney, who taught people the way to heaven! Pray to God for all priests on this earth! Almighty God, grant us the courage and strength so that our priests may not tire out in the parish and focus on God's work and God's ministry in every moment. Forgive us and have pity on us!

===

1. We don't need to talk much to be good at prayer. We know that God is there in the tabernacle. Let's open our hearts to him. Let us rejoice in his divine presence. This is the best prayer. - St. John Mary Vianney

2. You have to be an angel to say Mass. If a man knows what a Mass is, he will die for it. - St. John Mary Vianney

3. The way to become a good priest will always be to live as a seminary student. - St. John Mary Vianney


ref: Saint Pope John XXIII, Translated by Paul Park, Diary of the Soul, 1965, Our Lady of Fatima,  p. 368 














이 블로그의 인기 게시물

If experts in biology, medicine, and psychology work together for joint research, they can greatly contribute to the happiness of marriage and family and to peace of conscience. - 52, Gaudium et Spes, DOCUMENTS OF THE SECOND VATICAN COUNCIL

 The study of humans is called Anthropology. Since I became a priest, I have taught a subject called anthropology in University. It was a comprehensive study of human nature, covering biological, medical, psychological backgrounds and philosophical fields beginning with human origins. Although approaches to biology, medicine, and sociology to humans were also meaningful, psychological approaches were the most interesting to me. It was a great shock to me that men and women were clearly different and that the mysterious providence of why God created men and women. The Catholic Church has already declared that men and women should live without discrimination and respect each other for 2,000 years. However, the argument that men and women should be the same in every way is also rejected. Because men and women are not the same, but equal. Men and women in the Catholic Church are not discriminated against and differ, and they are also distinguished, try to help each other, understand each o

Advances in psychology help humans become more aware of themselves - 5, Gaudium et Spes, DOCUMENTS OF THE SECOND VATICAN COUNCIL

 What kind of reaction would happen to myself if I faced someone who had different opinions? Whether we live alone, as a marital community, or with anyone, we constantly face people who disagree and disagree with me. How could he think of such a thing? How could he have such a ritual? It's so strange. I don't understand. I don't understand, etc. reactions come from our own minds. These days, I wonder if our society is moving toward an extreme society that responds the opposite way with one event. It's definitely one event, but I'm worried that the extreme reactions of pigtails have become common to be conscious, judged, supported and reacted. It's not just one situation that comes from various reactions, but whether that person has the same opinion as me or the opposite opinion from me that makes me judge him at my disposal and hate and misunderstanding about him sprout. My neighbor is a completely different person from me. Let's take a look at the face. The